Did you know there are well over 100 million iPhone users in the U.S. alone? There are also more than 1 billion active iPhones scattered throughout the world.
With these statistics in mind, there is a very good chance you know your fair share of iPhone users. It’s why it might be worth learning how to track an iPhone just in case you ever have to do it.
There are a variety of ways in which you can do this. But you’ll be happy to hear that you can track an iPhone location by phone number for free in many cases without having to put in too much effort.
In some cases, you might want to do iPhone tracking to keep a closer eye on your kids. In other instances, you may want to track an iPhone that has been in touch with one of your kids to see who might have been contacting them.
Either way, it’s fairly easy to do iPhone tracking for free using little more than a phone number. Here are five ways to track an iPhone location by phone number.
1. Track an iPhone Location by Phone Number Without Installing an App Through Family Orbit
When you’re first trying to track an iPhone location by phone number, you might be under the impression that you’ll need to download an app to your phone to do it. But you should know that it will be possible to track an iPhone without having to rely on an app.
Family Orbit can provide you with the iPhone Monitoring Software you need to track an iPhone. You can sync this software up to your child’s iCloud account and instantly gain access to the location history of their iPhone. You’ll be able to see where your child has gone, how long they stayed in a specific location, and where this location is located on an interactive map.
This iPhone Monitoring Software will also take things a step further by allowing you to keep tabs on your child’s iPhone usage in other ways. Here are some of the things you’ll be able to monitor through this special software:
- Who did your child speak with on the phone when they talked to them, and how long did their calls with them last
- Who your child has sent SMS messages, iMessages, and even WhatsApp messages, including any messages that your child may have attempted to delete
- Which photos your child has taken with their iPhone as well as which photos they’ve downloaded onto their iPhone
- Which websites your child has visited on their iPhone and what their web browsing history looks like
You’ll feel so much more comfortable with the idea of your child using an iPhone in the first place when you have Family Orbit’s iPhone Monitoring Software set up. You’ll also appreciate the fact that you’ll know how to track an iPhone through the use of this software so that you always know where your child is at all times.
How Does Family Orbit’s iPhone Monitoring Software Work?
After hearing about all the ways in which you’ll be able to use the iPhone Monitoring Software available through Family Orbit, would you like to try putting it to good use? If so, you’ll need to know how it works.
Fortunately, you should be able to start putting Family Orbit’s iPhone Monitoring Software to the test by following a few simple steps. Here’s how you can do it:
- Sign up for a free trial with Family Orbit and create an online account
- Secure your child’s Apple ID credentials and enter them in Family Orbit’s secure online panel
- Choose your child’s iPhone from the list of Apple devices that are connected to these Apple ID credentials
- Start tracking your child’s iPhone remotely without having to put an app on your child’s iPhone
Family Orbit’s iPhone Monitoring Software will retrieve logs from your child’s iCloud account every so often and give you access to them. It’ll give you an opportunity to check on their whereabouts and see exactly how they’re using their iPhones.
2. Use a Phone Number Tracker App Like Number Tracker Pro
Using Family Orbit’s iPhone Monitoring Software will be, hands down, the most effective way to track an iPhone while also enjoying a whole host of other features. But if you simply need to track an iPhone location by phone number, using a service like Number Tracker Pro might also be a good solution.
So, how does Number Tracker Pro work? Well, for starters, you’ll need to sign up for an account. Once that’s done, you can take advantage of the real-time tracker that Number Tracker Pro has to offer.
Here is how the Number Tracker Pro process will play out:
Reverse Phone Lookup
Get the Owner’s Name, Address & More!
- Enter the phone number of the person you would like to track
- Sit back and wait for a text message along with a link to be sent to the person you want to track
- Give a person time to click on the link sent along with this text message
- Receive a notification showing a person’s exact location
You can utilize Number Tracker Pro to locate just about anyone in the entire world. You can also use it to track down someone without having to download an app or any software.
Consider checking out the additional features you’ll be able to use when you go with Number Tracker Pro and then give it a try to see just how well it might work for you.
3. Perform iPhone Tracking Using iCloud With TeenOrbit
Although it isn’t quite as advanced as Family Orbit’s iPhone Monitoring Software, TeenOrbit is another option you’ll have when you’re interested in trying to track an iPhone. It’s especially useful for all the parents out there who want to monitor their kids’ whereabouts while also seeing what they’re doing on their iPhones every day.
If you’d like to give TeenOrbit a try, you can download it directly from the AppStore to your own iPhone. From there, you should be able to monitor your child’s iPhone in no time.
Here is a quick breakdown of how TeenOrbit works:
- You begin by creating a free account on the TeenOrbit app
- You take your child’s iCloud credentials and plug them into your account
- You choose which device you would like to track and be sure iCloud is enabled on your child’s iPhone
- You give the app time to download everything stored on your child’s iCloud account
- You find your child’s location along with their SMS messages, photos, address book, and more
The beauty of the TeenOrbit app is that you won’t have to be a technology whiz to use it. Even if you’re not always the most tech-savvy person, you should be able to start using this app almost right away to monitor your child and their iPhone usage.
4. Figure Out How to Track an iPhone With Apple’s “Find My iPhone” Feature
If you have an iPhone, you’re probably well aware of the fact that it came with a “Find My iPhone” feature installed on it. This feature will be great for you since it’ll let you keep tabs on your own iPhone if it ever happens to go missing. You can track your device down and get it back if you leave it at, say, the park, the gym, or somewhere else.
But you can do more than just monitor your own iPhone with the “Find My iPhone” feature. You can also share the location of other iPhones and other Apple devices in general so that you can track them, too.
Here is how you can connect your child’s iPhone to your “Find My iPhone” feature:
- Go into the “Find My iPhone” feature on your child’s iPhone and select “Share My Location”
- Choose to share your child’s location with yourself
- Go into your own “Find My iPhone” feature and find your child’s name under “People”
- Click on your child’s name to see the location of their iPhone
Any time you would like to see where your child is located after that, this information will be just one click away. This will also come in handy when you need to drive somewhere to pick your child up since you can select their name in “Find My iPhone” and get directions to their location instantly.
5. Utilize Google Timeline to Track an iPhone
If you use your iPhone to get driving directions regularly, you’re probably already familiar with Google Maps. It’s a very useful tool for those who don’t always know their way around when they’re driving.
But what you might not realize is that Google Maps can also be used to track an iPhone. You can create what’s called a Google Timeline to track your child’s iPhone or someone else’s iPhone with ease.
This is how to go about doing this:
- Open the Google Maps app on your child’s iPhone
- Go into the “Settings” in Google Maps
- Choose “Personal content” and then “Location settings”
- Set your child’s “Location settings” so that “Location services is on” and make sure it’s “always” on
- Begin tracking your child’s iPhone
Using the “Find My iPhone” feature will likely work better than using Google Maps. But it’s great to have as many options as you can, especially when you’re planning to track the location of your child.
Frequently Asked Questions About iPhone Tracking
As you can see, tracking an iPhone can be done in a variety of ways. It’s actually much easier to track an iPhone location by phone number than you might think.
But even still, you may have some lingering questions about how to track an iPhone. Get answers to some of the most FAQs about doing it below.
Can I Track an iPhone Location Using a Phone Number?
Yes! Whether you use Family Orbit’s iPhone Monitoring Software, Number Tracker Pro, or one of the other options listed here, you can track an iPhone location by phone number. You can also track an iPhone’s location without having a phone number for it in some cases.
Give thought to which option will be the best one for you. It’ll all depend on whose iPhone you’re trying to track.
How Do I Track the Location of an iPhone Using a Phone Number?
As long as you have the phone number for a person’s iPhone, you should be able to use options like Family Orbit’s iPhone Monitoring Software or Number Tracker Pro to locate an iPhone using its phone number. Simply follow the steps we’ve outlined here to do it.
Is It Legal to Track an iPhone’s Location Using Its Phone Number?
The laws that surround your ability to track an iPhone location by phone number are always changing. It would be a good idea for you to research them ahead of time.
But as of right now, you shouldn’t be breaking any laws when you decide to track an iPhone like this. This will be especially true when you’re tracking an iPhone used by your own child.
How Accurate Is Tracking an iPhone’s Location By Its Phone Number?
When you track an iPhone’s location by phone number, you should be able to get a very accurate reading of where an iPhone is located. In many instances, you’ll receive an exact location for this iPhone.
The location of an iPhone might be slightly off if a person is situated in a really remote area when you track their phone. But otherwise, you shouldn’t have any issues getting a precise reading on where they are.
What Are the Potential Limitations of Tracking an iPhone Location by Phone Number?
There are a couple of potential limitations you might face when you try to track an iPhone location by phone number. For example, you may have trouble doing it if a person’s iPhone is turned off. You also might have trouble doing it if a person neglects to click on a link when you use a service like Number Tracker Pro.
We Can Help You Track an iPhone With Ease
Would you like to track an iPhone location by phone number? Let Family Orbit provide you with everything you’ll need to do it.
Conclusion- What Should You Use and Why?
So, it really is important that you use the right software to keep your child safe. It’s recommended that you use Number Tracker Pro if you want to find the details of a specific phone number. If you want to monitor your child’s activity, Family Orbit is certainly the way to go. When you use apps like this you can feel confident knowing that they are safe and that you are doing everything you can to keep an eye on them.